Chris Pizzello / AP
LL Cool J.
Updated, 10:55 a.m. PT: Burglars beware: LL Cool J said knock you out. Well, kind of.
The "NCIS: Los Angeles" actor and rapper cornered a suspected thief in his home early Wednesday morning, NBC News has confirmed.
Police were called to the artist's Studio City, Calif. home and arrived around 1 a.m.
LL, whose birth name is James Todd Smith, was holding on to the suspect when the police arrived.
The suspect had "a lot of contusions to his face area," will be charged with burglary, according to officials.
A detective says the suspect may have entered through an unlocked door.
Rhett Usry, a publicist for the singer, said in a statement, "LL Cool J, and his family, are safe and thank everyone for their thoughts and concern. As a father, husband and citizen, he is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities on this private matter."
More in Entertainment:
- Video: Man breaks into LL Cool J's house; LL isn't having it
- Natalie Wood's death certificate amended by coroner
- One Direction's Zayn Malik ditches Twitter
- Tony Scott had personal connection to suicide bridge
- It's official: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are divorced